Kids are a blessing for all of us. But women know childbearing can wreak havoc on the body. Between the sagging breasts, weight gain, and stretch marks, it can be hard to imagine regaining your pre-pregnancy appearance.
But a mommy makeover can transform your body in incredible ways! In one procedure, you can rejuvenate the shape and look of your body after your baby is born. Those annoying changes in your body from pregnancy can be history. Imagine improving the appearance of your:
The typical mommy makeover can be done all at once. But your plastic surgeon will determine the best options for you.
But just imagine: With a mommy makeover, you can tone and shape your body to look years younger – as you did before the baby. Now, you’re blessed with your children AND a rocking body!
This guide offers everything you need to know about mommy makeovers, the procedures used, what to expect, and much more.
Why Do People Get A Mommy Makeover?
We’ll break down all the standard mommy makeover procedures in a bit. But let’s think about this: There are so many cosmetic surgeries available. Why do so many women flock to a mommy makeover? Here’s why:
- It’s a terrific value: Why should you pay for 4-5 cosmetic procedures separately? Usually, you can do all of them in a mommy makeover. You save big bucks on the medical facility, anesthesia, and equipment. And, you don’t have to go through your recovery several times.
- Stunning results fast: Women get giddy about mommy makeovers because they see their results so fast. You don’t have to wait months to see your new body! Enjoy it right after you recover.
- One time: No stress about four or five separate recoveries. Knock it all out at once.
- Boost your look: After childbirth, the last thing you want is to be down about your body. Now you can fix your look with one procedure and enjoy your children feeling great about yourself.
- Tighten those abs: Your abdominal muscles usually stretch a ton as your baby grows. They can even separate permanently, leaving flab behind. But your mommy makeover can fix that by stitching them back together.
- Clothes fit like a dream: After childbirth, your clothes may not fit as you like. Even if you drop that baby weight, you still could have sagging breasts or nagging stomach fat.
Mommy Makeover Procedures Breakdown
A mommy makeover sounds enticing, right? But what exactly is involved? Every person is different, but many mommy makeovers include these procedures:
Breast Augmentation and Lift
Your breasts droop as the years roll by. When you add pregnancy and nursing to the natural aging process, things can go haywire down there. Breasts sag more and also loses firmness and volume after your baby is born.
A Portland breast lift or Portland breast augmentation will cut away extra skin and tissue to lift your ‘girls’ back to their rightful position. Your figure will look young and attractive again. Your surgeon will recommend saline or silicone implants if you want larger breasts, too.
If you hate that saggy, flabby stomach after pregnancy, a tummy tuck is for you.
As your tummy grows during those nine months, your skin and muscles stretch. A Portland tummy tuck cuts out the extra, flabby skin and fat and stitches up your abdominal muscles. You’ll love the look and feel of your abs again!
Some women can lose their baby weight on their own, and that’s great! But you still can have annoying pockets of fat hanging around, no matter how much you diet and work out.
But liposuction can quickly suck away that stubborn fat. Say goodbye to fat on your love handles, arms, back, thighs, belly, and hips! You’ll see your gorgeous curves again, and you’ll love them.
If you want liposuction, fat transfer is a viable option. This means transferring your fat to other body parts that need additional volume. For example, your plastic surgeon can suck fat from your belly and inject it into your breasts. Don’t worry: Your surgeon will wash and purify your fat before it’s re-injected into your body.
This procedure using Thermiva is becoming more popular. Instead of surgery to tighten the vagina and vulva, Thermiva uses radiofrequency energy to tighten and ton your vaginal tissues.
What You Can Expect
Ready for that mommy makeover? Outstanding! But let’s review what you can expect:
- Consultation: Your surgeon will review your goals during this initial consultation. They will ask what you don’t like about your post-pregnancy body and what you want to change. Other subjects of conversation will be your body type, proportions, skin laxity, and fat tissue.
- Procedure: Depending on what you want, your surgeon may do a tummy tuck, breast lift, fat transfer, and more. Read the above information to learn more about standard mommy makeover procedures.
- Aftermath: After your procedure, expect one to three days of recovery in the hospital and a few days of prescription pain drugs.
- Recovery: Most women can return to work in 10 days. Three weeks of bruising is typical. Expect swelling for two to eight weeks.
Request a Mommy Makeover Consultation
Have you dreamed of your body before you had children and thought it a pipe dream? It’s not! Dr. Aric Aghayan is proud to serve Portland area patients at his practice, Après Plastic Surgery. He will consult with you for your Portland mommy makeover procedure today. He’ll go over the options, your goals, and more to determine if you’re an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover.
- Mommy Makeover Overview. (n.d.). Accessed from https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/mommy-makeover
- A Complete Guide to The Mommy Makeover. (July 2018). Accessed at https://www.allure.com/story/mommy-makeover-guide
- Five Things You Need to Know About a Mommy Makeover. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/blog/five-things-you-need-to-know-about-a-mommy-makeover
- Mommy Makeover Procedure. Accessed at https://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/body-procedures/mommy-makeover/